A tasty, easy breakfast, brunch or lunch option. Full of flavour, fibre to keep us fuller for longer and to feed our gut bugs which are essential for health as well as studies have shown carrots can help in oestrogen clearance and help keep our hormones more balanced
150g Carrots (scrub clean)
1/2 bunch coriander
1/2 red onion or 3 spring onions
1 red/green chilli or 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 Cup Chickpea Flour
1/2 Unsweetened Almond Milk
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Grate the carrots into a bowl, chop up the onions and add to the bowl. Add the coriander, cumin and chill, pinch of salt and pepper and stir together.
- Add the flour, milk, egg into the bowl and mix.
- Place a large frying pan on a medium to low heat and drizzle some olive oil. Add 2 tbsp of batter for each pancake, cook until golden on each side and work in batches.
- I like to serve with a mix of salad leaves, chopped peppers as well as a small dollop of hummus between each fritter and on top of the stack too
- Sprinkle with a few chilli flakes and enjoy!